Top 10 Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. This week’s topic is books you’d buy right this second if someone handed you a fully loaded gift card. I mean, I would obviously buy all the books, but if I could only buy 10, I would robably buy a bunch of collector’s editions, because those are freaking expensive.
1. Harry Potter and the Cursed Child by J. K. Rowling
I don’t even think this needs an explanation. I just want it. Now. A signed copy, if possible. I am so excited to get my hands on it and read it, I can’t even tell you.
2. The Lord of the Rings by J. R. R. Tolkien Collector’s Edition
I’m sure there’s more than one and I’m not sure which I’d buy, but I want a special collector’s edition of this.
3. Middle Earth Puzzle Collection
I went to the bookstore the other day and saw this and I’ve been lusting over it ever since. But it was so freaking expensive. It was so beautiful, it had one of those leather bindings and I love riddles and puzzles and it was so awesome, I want it!
4. Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone Illustrated Edition by J.K Rowling and Illustrated by Jim Kay
This is so pretty and I wants it!
5. Inside HBO’s Game of Thrones Collector’s Edition
Have you seen this? It comes with maps and everything. I want it so badly!
6. The Infernal Devices by Cassandra Clare New Cover Collection
I feel kind of bad re-buying books just because there are new covers, so I probably wouldn’t really do it with my own money. But if someone handed me a giftcard, I’d totally go for it. Look how cool the spines are! In fact, I’d probably go ahead and buy the new covers for The Mortal Instruments as well.
7. Custom Leather Bound Harry Potter Series
They are so gorgeous and I want them. The person who made them is so talented and deserves to make money from them! You can find the artist who makes them on Etsy.
8. The Complete Sherlock Holmes by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle Collector’s Edition
This gorgeous edition of Sherlock Holmes. I already have the complete collection in hardback. But mine’s in 4 volumes and it’s not nearly as pretty as this!
9. The Chronicles of Narnia by C. S Lewis Barnes & Noble Collector’s Edition
This series was a huge part of my childhood and this collector’s edition is so beautiful! I still have my original box-set of it and I love it, but I would love to also have this edition.
10. Complete Jane Austen Box Set
This box set is so pretty! And I love Pride and Prejudice, so that just makes me want all of Jane Austen’s books, even though I haven’t read any of the others.
And then, if there was still any money on the gift card (that would be one hell of a gift card!), I’d just go nuts with my Amazon Wishlist.