I have been nominated yet again for the Liebster award, this time by Michelle @ Addictively Turning Pages. Thank you so much for nominating me. I feel honoured to have received this award so many times. Also, you should check her blog out!
What is the Liebster Award?
Liebster is a German word meaning sweet, favourite or dearest. It is an award from bloggers to bloggers to discover new blogs and help build a sense of community in the blogging world.
- Thank the blogger(s) who nominated you.
- Answer the 11 questions the blogger gives you.
- Nominate 11 bloggers that you think are deserving of the award.
- Let the bloggers know you nominated them.
- Give them 11 questions of your own.
1. If you were stranded on an island, name 3 books you would take with you.
The Bible, A Dummy’s Guide to Surviving on a Desert Island and What it Takes to Build a Raft and like, a bind-up of A Song of Ice and Fire or some other long series that I would probably only finish by the time my raft was ready and I was being rescued.
2. What is your opinion on love triangles?
Ugh. There is exactly one love triangle I’ve come across in my reading career that I actually liked and that is the one in The Infernal Devices by Cassandra Clare.
3. If you could ask any author 3 questions, who would it be and what would be those questions?
Oh boy! Um, it would probably be Tolkien and my questions would be:
- Did you happen to write an alphabetised compendium of the characters in the LotR universe and their brief histories, and if so can I please have that manuscript, I need it for reasons.
- How in the name of sanity did you keep up with your own creation?
- Can you teach me the ways of awesomeness?
4. Who are your top 5 ultimate book boyfriends?
- Will Herondale from The Infernal Devices by Cassandra Clare
- Rhysand from A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas
- Kaz Brekker from Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo
- Artemis Fowl from the Artemis Fowl series by Eoin Colfer (He actually reminds me of someone I knew and sort of had a crush on. Like, it was more of a brain crush because this person was really smart and I just loved talking to him.)
- *small voice* Severus Snape from the Harry Potter series by J. K. Rowling (I had a huge crush on him when I first read the books and I don’t know, I like antiheroes.)
- Also, a honourable mention to Jace Herondale from The Mortal Instruments by Cassandra Clare.
5. Who inspired you to blog?
I’m not sure. I’ve always liked the idea of a blog and I’ve had blogs before. But I guess it was just never the right time before, because I never really kept it up for more than a month or so until now.
6. What does your reviewing process look like? (ie the steps to writing a review; draft, edit, publish; mention plot, characters, etc)
Well, I generally try to create a profile for the book: genre, publication year, author, my star rating and a synopsis, which I generally try to write myself. Then I will usually mention what I thought of the plot and what I thought of the characters. But beyond that, it really depends from book to book. If I really liked or really disliked something in particular, I will talk about those things more. And then I usually end with either a question or a recommendation (such as “If you like so and so genre, I recommend this.” or “If you enjoy that type of character…” or “If you don’t like so and so, I don’t recommend this.” Or something like that.) Sometimes I will include both a question and a recommendation.
7. Favourite comfort food?
8. Favourite flavour of ice cream?
Hazelnut, because it tastes like Nutella in ice cream form.
9. What are your thoughts on book trailers?
They’re cool. They’ve made me want to read a book on a couple of occasions.
10. What is one piece of advice you want to share with all book bloggers (or bloggers in general?)
Write content that you would like to read.
11. Where can we stalk you? (ie Goodreads, Instagram, Twitter, etc)
I know I’m supposed to nominate people, but I just don’t know who to nominate whom I’ve not already nominated the previous two times. I need to follow more blogs because I know there are some great ones out there. I just haven’t had that much time to sit and look for them. Do you guys have any recommendations?