So, I got my hands on a little bit of free time and I went on a blogging binge and scheduled a bunch of posts (you may have noticed I’ve posted every day for the past few days!). As I was scrolling through my feed, I saw the girls @ Thrice Read do this tag and since I love Beauty and the Beast and I love tags, this seemed like a match made in heaven.
1. “TALE AS OLD AS TIME” – A POPULAR THEME, TROPE OR SETTING YOU WILL NEVER GET BORED OF READING.
Probably the whole “bad boy with a tortured past and kind of a chewy centre” trope. I know it’s everywhere and it annoys some people, but I have a soft spot for it and I’m not even sorry. Also, just high fantasy settings. I never get tired of reading about the worlds people make up.
2. BELLE – A BOOK YOU BOUGHT FOR IT’S BEAUTIFUL COVER THAT’S JUST AS BEAUTIFUL INSIDE TOO
Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor. Look at that gorgeous cover. I honestly knew nothing about this book. I just bought it because it was a hardcover and was really beautiful and cheap. But I ended up loving it so much.
3. BEAST – A BOOK YOU DIDN’T EXPECT MUCH FROM BUT PLEASANTLY SURPRISED YOU.
I have to go with Neanderthal Seeks Human by Penny Reid for this one. I got it as a free kindle. I really wasn’t expecting much from it, but I actually really loved it. I have a review of it by the way, if you’d like to read more about it.
4. GASTON – A BOOK EVERYONE LOVES THAT YOU DON’T
Glass Sword by Victoria Aveyard. I wouldn’t say that everyone loves it, as I have seen several reviews that pretty much agreed with me. But it does seem to be generally liked and I really hated it. I also have a review of it if you’d like to know why. I have to admit thought, the cover is really gorgeous. A pile of rubbish wrapped in a pretty package. Kind of like Gaston.
5. LEFOU – A LOYAL SIDEKICK YOU CAN’T HELP BUT LOVE MORE THAN THEIR COUNTER PART.
Lucien from ACOTAR (where the counterpart is Tamlin). Even before Tamlin lost his marbles, I loved Lucien more. (Image credit)
6. MRS POTTS, CHIP, LUMIER & COGSWORTH – A BOOK THAT HELPED YOU THROUGH A DIFFICULT TIME OR THAT TAUGHT YOU SOMETHING VALUABLE
The Bible. That’s what I always go to when I’m going through a difficult time and I always find comforting words of wisdom in it.
7. “SOMETHING THERE” – A BOOK OR A SERIES THAT YOU WEREN’T INTO AT FIRST BUT PICKED UP TOWARDS THE END.
The Mortal Instruments by Cassandra Clare. When I started reading CoB for the first time, I got through a couple of chapters and then gave up. It was only years later that I picked it up again (quite by accident). I had forgotten that I’d started it before and I was confused as to why it seemed so familiar. Anyway, the second time around I finished it and then I got really into the series.
8. “BE OUR GUEST” – A FICTIONAL CHARACTER YOU’D LOVE TO HAVE OVER FOR DINNER
Can I have a really… REALLY big dinner table? Because I really want to have dinner with so many characters. I want Rhys and the Night Court and I want Will Herondale and I want Kaz Brekker and ALL of his gang. ALL OF IT *sobs uncontrollably* and I want the entire Fellowship of the Ring and Hermione and Aelin and all of her court and Manon… well I kind of want the whole cast of ToG and… well, do you know any good catering services? And a really big venue? Preferably with access to an orchard or something. I feel like some of these characters might butt heads.