I was nominated for this award quite some time ago by Joana @ Bookneeders and I didn’t do it right away for whatever reason and then I forgot about it. So, sorry for taking so long to do it and thank you for nominating me!
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Write a post to show your award.
- Give a brief story of how your blog started.
- Give two pieces of advice to new bloggers.
- Select 15 other bloggers you want to give this award to.
- Comment on each blog and let them know you have nominated them and provide the link to the post you created.
Story of my blog…
I started this blog pretty much on a whim about a year and a half ago. For the longest time, I didn’t really post anything on it. I was still doing booktube back then until I finally realised that I actually enjoy writing a blog more than I enjoy making youtube videos. So then I started posting more regularly and that’s about it, really.
Advice for new bloggers
Man, I don’t know how qualified I am to give any advice. But I would say one of the most important things it post content that you are passionate about, that you would enjoy reading and don’t be afraid of expressing your thoughts and opinions. They’re yours and you’re entitled to them and of course, be mindful and respectful of others, but don’t compromise.
And my second piece of advice is get involved. If you read a post that you like, comment on it. Even if it’s just to say “Hey, great post! I really enjoyed reading it.”. Because one, you’ll make someone happy and two, it’s the best way to have your blog discovered by others. So don’t just lurk. Engage.
Here are some of the blogs that I probably read the most and think they deserve recognition.