I saw this over at Thrice Read and decided to steal it.
Now, I have several bookshelves, but only one is accessible to me at this moment so I’ll just do that tag about that one.
1. DESCRIBE YOUR BOOKSHELF AND WHERE YOU GOT IT FROM.
It’s white and narrow. It came with the flat I’m currently renting, but I’m pretty sure it’s from Ikea.
2. DO YOU HAVE ANY SPECIAL OR DIFFERENT WAY OF ORGANIZING YOUR BOOKS?
Nah, not really. I rearrange them quite often because it relaxes me and also I buy new books all the time. I generally just arrange them in whatever way I find most satisfying or aesthetically pleasing, but I do always try to keep series together and if possible, authors together as well.
3. IS THERE A BOOK YOU RECEIVED AS A GIFT?
Women Who Run With the Wolves by Clarissa Pinkola Estes. I just got it for my birthday the other week.
4. IS THERE A BOOK FROM A FRIEND ON YOUR SHELF?
The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho. A friend just lent it to me. I should probably read it.
5. WHAT’S THE THICKEST (MOST AMOUNT OF PAGES) BOOK ON YOUR SHELF?
If I include my textbooks, then those. If not, then The Wise Man’s Fear by Patrick Rothfuss.
6. WHAT’S THE THINNEST (LEAST AMOUNT OF PAGES) BOOK ON YOUR SHELF?
Hmm… I reckon it’s my Buffy the Vampire Slayer comic.
7. WHAT’S THE SMALLEST (HEIGHT AND WIDTH WISE) BOOK ON YOUR SHELF?
Probably this little pocket edition of The New Testament + Psalms that I got for free somewhere.
8. WHAT’S THE BIGGEST (HEIGHT AND WIDTH WISE) BOOK ON YOUR SHELF?
Again, if I include my textbooks, then those. If not, then I think it’s my adult colouring book.
9. THE LAST BOOK YOU READ ON YOUR SHELF?
Miracles by C. S. Lewis
10. OF ALL THE BOOKS ON YOUR SHELF, WHICH WAS THE FIRST YOU READ?
The Fellowship of the Ring by J.R.R. Tolkien most likely.
11. MOST EXPENSIVE BOOK?
Once again, it depends whether or not I include my textbooks. If not, then I’m pretty sure I paid the same amount for my hardback editions of Nevernight, Godsgrave and Turtles All the Way Down.
12. DO YOU HAVE THE COMPLETE SERIES OF ANY BOOK SERIES?
On this shelf, I have the complete LotR series, the ACOTAR series, all the Kingkiller Chronicle books published to date (don’t know if that counts as a complete series?) and also all the Nevernight books published to date.
On my shelves back home, I have many other complete series.
13. WHAT’S THE NEWEST ADDITION TO YOUR SHELF?
Uprooted by Naomi Novik. Or Turtles All the Way Down by John Green if you go by purchase date. I bought Uprooted online and it only arrived yesterday.
14. WHAT BOOK HAS BEEN ON YOUR SHELF FOREVER?
On this particular shelf, most of them were placed on it at the same time (when I moved). But in terms of which one I’ve owned for the longest, that’s definitely the LotR series by J.R.R. Tolkien.
15. WHAT’S THE MOST RECENTLY PUBLISHED BOOK ON YOUR SHELF?
Turtles All the Way Down by John Green
16. THE OLDEST BOOK ON YOUR SHELF (AS IN, THE ACTUAL COPY IS OLD)?
I think my copy of The Hobbit. I think this edition was published in the 90s. Maybe even earlier. I’m not sure. But it’s pretty old.
17. A BOOK YOU WON?
None of the ones that are currently on this shelf. But on my shelves back home, I have a few.
18. A BOOK YOU’D HATE TO LET OUT OF YOUR SIGHT (AKA A BOOK YOU NEVER LET SOMEONE BORROW)?
All of them? There are very few people I would lend any of my books to.
19. MOST BEAT UP BOOK?
Either The Hobbit of The Fellowship of the Ring. I can’t decide which one of them is more beat up.
20. MOST PRISTINE BOOK?
Well, I have several that haven’t even been opened yet. I recently bought a box set of C.S. Lewis books and most of those I’ve yet to open.
21. A BOOK FROM YOUR CHILDHOOD?
22. A BOOK THAT’S NOT ACTUALLY YOUR BOOK?
Once again, The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho.
23. A BOOK WITH A SPECIAL/DIFFERENT COVER (E.G. LEATHER BOUND, SOFT FUZZY COVER ETC.)?
The Miniaturist by Jessie Burton. My copy has a canvass cover. I mean, the cover is covered in canvass. It’s a hardback.
24. A BOOK THAT IS YOUR FAVORITE COLOR?
For this one, have to say Strange the Dreamer by Laini Taylor because LOOK AT IT!
25. BOOK THAT’S BEEN ON YOUR SHELF THE LONGEST THAT YOU STILL HAVEN’T READ?
Probably The Silmarillion by J.R.R. Tolkien. I’ve had it for years and I read the first half of it like 3 times, but I never managed to read the whole thing.
26. DO YOU HAVE MORE THAN ONE COPY OF A BOOK?
Not on this shelf. I do back home.
27. ANY SIGNED BOOKS?
On the shelf here, I’ve only got ACOMAF and Godsgrave. But I have several more back home.