I did this about a year ago and I’m pleased to say that I’ve either read or removed from my TBR all the books in that post with one exception. So I thought I’d do it again and see what intimidating books I have to tackle next.
1. A book on your TBR pile you haven’t finished
American Gods by Neil Gaiman. I think I got about a third through it, then stopped. And now I’m just too intimidated to pick it up cause I’m thinking what if I don’t remember enough to continue it and I have to re-read it. And it’s so chunky and every time I think about picking it up, I just don’t.
2. A book you just haven’t had the time to read
Relativity: The Special and General Theory by Albert Einstein. This is the kind of book that requires a lot of concentration to read and I just haven’t had the time to dedicate to it.
3. A book you haven’t read because it’s a sequel
The Magician King by Lev Grossman. I actually don’t own the ft book. I found this at a thrift store for super cheap, so I bought it.
4. A book you haven’t read because it’s brand new
I actually haven’t bought any books for well over a month now. I’m trying to get through some of my TBR before buying anything new. So I don’t currently have any brand new books or even any recently purchased books on my TBR at the moment.
5. A book by and author you read previously but didn’t really like
I don’t think I have any for this one either. i tend not to buy books by authors I haven’t liked in the past. I mean it obviously depends how interested I am by the new book and how much I disliked the previous one. But in any case, I don’t currently have any books that fit this category either.
6. A book on your TBR pile that your just not in the mood to read
They’re both series finales and I’m just not mentally and emotionally in the right place to read them right now. Plus, they’re HUGE.
7. A book on your TBR pile that you haven’t read because it’s enormous
I feel like either of the books from the previous question fit here, but also The Crow Girl By Erik Axl Sund.
8. A book on your TBR you bought because of the cover
I don’t think I have one for this category either. Check me out, stopping all the bad habits.
9. The book on your TBR you find the most intimidating
This answer has actually remained the same as in the previous post. The Odyssey by Homer. Because I just know that it’s going to be hard for me to follow, even though I do want to read it.